15 reviews
Block Party game 路 6 Days Ago Recommended
this piece of shit game pisses me off so much and I keep coming back to it I hate that I perfectly know how to play it and its fair but I still die I will be back
GraphicsGameplayOriginalityPolishAddictiveReplayabilityControls
One more dish game 路 6 Days Ago Recommended
I am going to just be honest, I can not understand what is happening in this game. There are too many mechanics and I don't know what anything is doing. I tried playing this a few days ago and thought maybe I was just tired or something, but genuinly the gameplay is incomprehensible. All I know is you need to walk into enemies and dodge attacks, but that's basically it. I'm not even sure half the other mechanics like the items do anything meaningful. The book is not helpful. I know that you updated the game a few times to change how it plays but its all still impossible to understand. Obviously though the art, audio, style and presentation are all top tier. That's all far better than almost everything else on sbox. Its hard for me want to even want to post this because of how good the presentation is (and seeing how few reviews this game has relative to players indicates to me I'm not the only one who feels that way; I think people are just hesitating because its hard to be honest about it; they don't want have their review degrade the good aspects of this game but they can't bring themselves to recommend the actual game part of the game). tldr: The art is amazing but I don't think anyone actually understands whats going on in the game. I am favoriting the game to find it again to re-review later if there are updates. Edit: there were some updates and honestly even with that I still don't understand the game, but on this fine afternoon I was drinking a beer and I just felt like changing the review to Recommended from Shows Promise.
GraphicsAudioConfusing
Shot for Shot game 路 13 Days Ago Recommended
Fun little game to play with a group! Its charming and easy to get into!
GraphicsAudioGameplayMultiplayerOriginalityPolish
Emberfall game 路 14 Days Ago Recommended
Masterfully made game. Intuative controls, feels good, looks good, sounds good. WHY AM I THE FIRST ONE HERE this damn game jam is burying too many games people are missing straight gold like this little gem
GraphicsAudioGameplayPerformancePolishAddictiveReplayabilityControls
One More Bullet game 路 14 Days Ago Recommended
This one is one of my favorites I've played from the jam so far. ITS NOT JUST RANDOM. I know people are going to look at this and just think its clown vomit but the noises and stuff are actually balanced; the dev clearly knew what they were doing when they mixed the visuals and audio. And the gameplay feels good too! When you play it enough you get into a flow state its really addictive. You just keep moving around the arena dashing and oneshotting enemies. I wish it wasn't burried in 400 effing entries though. I think people might write it off as random junk thrown together like kids make and try to pass off as surrealism, but its not that. The art is actually cohesive madness. Its a DESIGNED sensory flood and the gameplay is solid and fastpaced. IT'S GOOD.
GraphicsAudioGameplayOriginalityPerformancePolishAddictiveReplayabilityControls
Memorpa Research game 路 14 Days Ago Recommended
funi alien girl game
GraphicsOriginality
VoidMage game 路 14 Days Ago Recommended
Damn this is good I would like preface what I am about to say with: I do not think all games with stamina are bad and I like Dark Descent. Anyways... Thank you for understanding sometimes its more fun to be able to continously run and swing your sword without your character needing to take 15 seconds to catch their breath! Many designers fail to understand this one simple thing! Also this is crazy complete at this point in development! This much was made just for the game jam? It even has unlockable cosmetics and shit. Genuinly amazing! One thing bad I noticed was the game's audio kept cutting out, but I don't know if that was just a one-time bug or something else going on idk sbox sometimes updates and breaks random shit like that, not a crazy big deal just a little annoying
GraphicsGameplayStoryPolishAddictiveReplayabilityControls
Final Call - Bar Fight Simulator game 路 15 Days Ago Recommended
The presentation in this game is cool as fuck; I really like the style and look forward to seeing what the boss fight will be!
GraphicsAudioGameplayPolishReplayabilityUpdatesBuggy
One Round Administered game 路 17 Days Ago Recommended
Hitting long shots with the arcing falloff one after another is really fun. I got to complain about something though... I wish you could get back into shooting after dying faster instead of needing to click through a few screens. I also don't really like the hacking that happens sometimes. I don't understand why its there like I'm trying to have fun shooting people and its stopping me. Other than that though I like this because the sniping it this is addictive and the artyle is cool!
GraphicsGameplayPolishAddictive
SHIFTBREAK game 路 17 Days Ago Shows Promise
I think the game is really stylish and I REALLY like the presentation, but its a little buggy 🫤. On the punching stage if you run towards a door, jump and punch before you run into it you can clip through it. This doesn't let you skip the area as enemies won't spawn without the key, but you can keep doing this to get to the final area then go back and die which skips all the rooms in between. I got to the "No Need to Touch" phase and it just didn't really feel as fun then. I quit then so I'm not sure if there are more weapons after that.
GraphicsAudioBuggy
Special Delivery game 路 17 Days Ago Recommended
Yo this game is really neat! Its like I'm mfing Hol Horse. I would have played more levels but I had to up my mouse sensitivity and set the difficulty to easy. I got to the spiral stairway stage and hit a wall 🙁. But I still really like the game!
GraphicsGameplayOriginalityPolishAddictiveBad Controls
Moscart game 路 32 Days Ago Shows Promise
This game is too difficult for me to get past more than a few rooms. I was dying from various things that didn't really feel fair like swarms of fast enemies lunging from the dark and stunlocking me, one enemy type randomly exploding briefly after death, and some units randomly using hitscan weapons. You can't really fly/jump because you end up ragdolling and not being able to move. With that being said though some aspects of the game are strangely competently made, like the custom fully animated character that has various moves, lots of different enemies with unique AI, and an aesthetic UI. I don't really want to rate this lower than Shows Promise though because a lot of it seems well made despite the gameplay and I'm not sure if the dev's intention with the game is.
GraphicsAudioPerformanceBad ControlsConfusing
ShareWare game 路 2 Months Ago Recommended
Genuinly, this game has more effort put into it than about 90% of s&box titles. Its kind of like TF2Ware if you have ever played that.
GraphicsAudioGameplayMultiplayerPolishAddictiveReplayability
Puddle Pond: Mouse Fishing game 路 3 Months Ago Recommended
Very neat little game I am keeping a watch on. The devs are actively working on this and show up in lobbies sometimes!
GraphicsMultiplayerPolishAddictiveUpdates
Dark Descent game 路 3 Months Ago Recommended
No joke, this game might actually be too good for s&box.
GraphicsGameplayOriginalityPolishAddictiveReplayability